This week on the podcast, Kyle and I talk about some products and services that thrive on a healthy, competitive marketplace, and we get a little philosophical with some of them. Follow the links for more info, on either the podcast blog, soloshootsfirst, or Kyle’s Convergence Tangent:
- Windows 7 & the Growth of Linux: is Microsoft forever doomed to be geekdom’s Evil Empire?
- In the digital age, we all do a lot of track-at-a-time shuffling. But we both found out there’s something to be said for listening to entire albums, the way the artist intended.
- The USPS might drop a day of service. We are cool with that. How about you?
- “functional MRI” is opening doors into the human brain– CBS’s 60 Minutes reported on this burgeoning research that allows computers to “identify” simple thoughts. The researchers expect to have much more sophisticated mind-reading software in five years. An amazing piece with some staggering implications.
- Jim Powell, partner to Bob Uecker on the Brewers Radio Network for the past 13 years, is now the #1 play-by-play announcer for the Atlanta Braves. We’ll miss Jim’s call, and hope the Brewers can find someone to fill his shoes.
As always, enjoy the show within this post, or download it at your leisure…